Students in Concert band will:
- Learn proper instrumental performance skills which include posture, proper breathing techniques, articulations, and playing skills.
- Develop their understanding of music terminology, theory and reading skills.
- Build performance and sight-reading skills.
- Strive to build range, tone quality, perfect intonation and individual technical facility.
- Read music that contains moderate technical demands
- Read music that contains expanded ranges
- Sight read music at a minimum of a URL grade 3 difficulty level
- Display an understanding of Major Scales and key signatures. Evidence at each and every concert, festival, competition and performance.