- Sister School Program
Through the District’s Sister School Program, SRVHS is paired with Peres Elementary School, which is located in the “Iron Triangle” neighborhood of Richmond and serves approximately 600 students from Preschool through 6th grade. This is San Ramon Valley High School’s seventh year working with Peres. Our goal is to provide resources and support to the students, families, teachers, and staff at Peres. With guidance from the PTSA Sister School Program coordinators and Mrs. Janet Willford (the SRVHS leadership teacher), SRVHS leadership students assist in the organization of these projects. The projects are open, however, to ALL students and parents interested in participating in the community service opportunities. SRVHS students can sign up to help with Peres projects by contacting Mrs. Willford (). Interested parents or students may also contact the PTSA coordinator - .
The generous parent donations collected at Wolf Pack Days will finance this year’s projects for Peres Elementary highlighted below. As needed, specific item donations will also be requested throughout the school year to supplement this program (ie. new and gently used books, paper, pencils, and beanie babies.) Donation baskets are located in the school Attendance Office. If your business has any donations to make, please contact one of the coordinators. In the past some of our local businesses have provided binders, electric pencil sharpeners, staplers, calculators, and copy paper.
- August - September’s School Supply Drive for Peres students- The first project involves purchasing, collecting, and delivering school supplies to all Peres students.
- October Halloween Goody Bags - We provide a Halloween bag of goodies for each classroom. Besides candy, the bag includes pencils to replenish the classroom supply.
- November’s Craft Project - At Thanksgiving time, SRVHS leadership students prep a paper turkey art project for all the kindergarteners at Peres.
- December’s Adopt a Family - We collect and distribute new or like new books for every student to take home, and we also give an additional gift for each student to share with his/her family. We focus on gifts that are educational and/or useful resources for the students and their families. We also give a gift to each classroom. This year we will be giving board games and balls for use at recess. SRVHS students and parents pass out the gifts at a holiday event, and we also provide holiday treats for each classroom.
- February Valentines - SRVHS leadership students organize the making of Valentines for every Peres student.
- March’s National Read across America Day - In honor of Dr. Seuss’s birthday, which is March 2nd, SRVHS students and parents read for an hour in every classroom at Peres to celebrate literacy. We also collect books appropriate for grades preschool -6 and distribute them at this event. Every Peres student usually goes home with 2 or 3 books.
- Ongoing Family Outreach – We solicit donation of specific items when a need arises to give extra support to Peres families. Also, we continuously collect small toys and beanie babies to be used as prizes for various student performance incentive programs run by the school.
For more information on Peres Elementary School, click here!