Mission & ESLRs
Mission & ESLRs
The school provides an education that fosters the intellectual, physical, and social development of each student. Our strong tradition of excellence stems from a dedicated staff, responsible students, committed parents, and active community partners. Through a comprehensive system of support programs, San Ramon Valley High School works to fulfill its mission:
The San Ramon Valley High School community empowers students to achieve their educational potential.
The school’s staff works to ensure that all students will be successful, whether they are entering the workforce directly after graduation or they are enrolling in institutions of higher learning. Over 99% of our students graduate and 98% continue their formal education at two-year and four-year colleges. Based on data for the class of 2011, 74% of the graduates enrolled at a four-year college, and 24% of the graduates enrolled in a two-year college. The remaining students enlisted in the military or joined the workforce. The school’s vision is to produce graduates who will reflect the Expected Schoolwide Learning Results.
Expected Schoolwide Learning Results
San Ramon Valley High School students will demonstrate curricular knowledge and skills. Students will be able to:
- meet or exceed the current high school standards in all curricular areas.
- comprehend reading material in a variety of content areas.
- produce written work that is grammatically correct, has logical structure, and includes supporting evidence.
- develop and utilize effective study skill strategies
- effectively use technological resources.
San Ramon Valley High School students will demonstrate creative and complex thinking. Students will be able to:
- analyze and synthesize information from a variety of sources to make predictions, draw logical conclusions, and produce a finished project.
- solve complex problems with critical thinking skills.
- produce work that reflects creativity and original thinking.
San Ramon Valley High School students will demonstrate effective communication. Students will be able to:
- listen, speak, and write effectively to demonstrate clarity of ideas and expression.
- give oral and written presentations that demonstrate clarity of ideas and expression.
- collaborate with others to solve problems and produce quality work using appropriate technology.
- communicate using appropriate technology.
San Ramon Valley High School students will demonstrate integrity and responsibility. Students will be able to:
- exhibit positive citizenship through active participation at school and in the community.
- adhere to district, school, and classroom policies.
- actively respect diverse cultures, lifestyles, and ideas.
- take personal responsibility for educational goals.
- display academic integrity and honesty.
Additionally, in 2011, the San Ramon Valley Unified School Board adopted a district-wide Framework for Excellence: a symbolic representation of how the district is supporting students and their learning, as well as staff and their work. The core of the framework is the 3 R’s: Rigor, Relevance, and Relationships. These three goals are central to the school’s WASC Action Plan and the Single Plan for Student Achievement. With respect to student engagement, the 5 C’s resonate with the SRVHS community and are the central themes in the school’s ESLRs.