Students in Symphonic Band will:
- Learn proper instrumental performance skills which include posture, proper breathing techniques, articulations, and playing skills.
- Develop their understanding of music terminology, theory and reading skills.
- Build performance and sight-reading skills.
- Strive to build range, tone quality, perfect intonation and individual technical facility.
- Read music that contains medium difficult technical demands
- Read music that contains expanded ranges
- Sight read music at a grade 3+ to 4 URL difficulty level
- Display an understanding of minor scales and key signatures
- Understand how the elements of music and expressive devices are used in music from diverse genres and cultures.