College Planning Tools and Presentations
You will find a variety of college planning tools in the attachments below. Additional items you should be familiar with include the following:
Family Connection/ Naviance is an integral component to your college application process and learning throughout high school. Naviance includes college search tools, creating your activities resume, scholarship information, all about me career assessment tools including a Career Inventory Profile and Do What You Are. All students and parents have access to Naviance. If you need help logging in, please email us and we can help.
The Student College Planning Timeline provides an overview of activities that college bound students should consider in grades 9 - 12. Take a look at this worksheet to have an understanding of the different steps students can be taking throughout high school.
Schedule a meeting with us: We meet with students during access or during a class period. Complete the form below to set up an initial meeting or send us a schoolloop email to set up an appointment.
Activities resume template: Many colleges ask students to provide an activities resume which outlines academic honors/awards, extracurricular activities, work history, volunteer activities, etc. In addition to the sample below, Naviance has a built in activities resume template where students can enter activities throughout high school and then modify as needed in their Senior year.
College Planning Worksheet: This is a google doc you can use to assist with organization for college application and admissions: HOW? Click Spreadsheet and then MAKE A COPY
Finding Your Fit (1/18/17) - What to consider in your college search and how to go about it.
Additional Items Below Include:
- UC and CSU 2017 Profile Documents: Provides average GPA/ACT/SAT scores by school.
- CSU Eligibility formula calculation (calculated with GPA and test score)
- UC and CSU admission requirement worksheet: A guideline for courses required by UC/CSU schools. The UC guideline also assists students in having strong applications at CA private schools as well as public/private out of state schools who follow similar guidelines.
- UC Admissions Guide and UC Transfer Pathways Guide
- A Guide to International Colleges
- Websites to use and peruse sheet
- Military Planning Information Worksheet