SRVHS College and Career Center
NEW 2018-19 C&CC Hours (during the school year): See above. Please note that we also participate in staff meetings, college visits and conferences at which time the C&CC may be closed. Students may drop in during breaks, or email to schedule an appointment with either of us.
WolfPack Weeky eBulletin: SRVHS PTSA emails a weekly bulletin to parents every Sunday. Please review the C&CC section in the bulletin for weekly updates, due dates, and important information relevant to college and career information. For students, information is posted daily under school loop news and college information/events can be found in Naviance. See the page behind this one to view the current week Wolf Pack Weekly.
Student workshops being run through C&CC can be accessed through the student's Naviance account and are also publicized on school loop news as dates approach. Students may schedule individual appointments with us as well by coming in to the C&CC to schedule an appointment and/or they may email us via school loop.
Parent Education Workshops: Throughout the year, Counseling, College and Career provide parent education workshops that coincide with student activities/education taking place during the school day through Counseling or the College and Career Center. See the eBulletin or School Loop for announcements of parent workshops and presentations.
Wolf Tracks...where did our Class of 2018 Seniors report they would be in fall 2018? See the "Wolf Tracks 2018" attachment below for a list of colleges and the number of students who plan to enroll.
Naviance Student (formerly Naviance Family Connection): All students (and parents) have been given a log in to access this valuable college research and planning tool. You will notice that the page formatting has changed a bit, and the "face" of the pages is much more user friendly. Take some time to explore the features and start to build your list of "colleges I am thinking about" and possible careers to explore. It is never too early to start the research process...and the earlier you start, the most prepared you will be for your senior year when you will actually be applying to college, or seeking that training program, or planning a gap year! Your potential is limitless! Enjoy the journey of exploration!
Seniors applying to schools that require letters of recommendation! Your guidance counselors need to write at least one of your requested letters, so have prepared a "senior packet" for you to complete to make that request. Please download the packet pages from your Naviance Student home page (scroll to the bottom to find the link called "Document Resources"). The instructions for completing and submitting the packet are included.
Fall/Spring 2019 College Fairs/College Planning Events
- Visual and Performing Arts Fair, SF - Typically September in SF. Details TBA. SF https://www.nacacfairs.org
- Financial Aid Information Night - Typically September , 7-8:30 p.m. @ SRVHS or MVHS.
- STEM College Fair - Typically Oct. - 1-4 p.m. at the Santa Clara Convention Center https://www.nacacfairs.org/attend/stem-college-and-career-fairs/silicon-valley-stem-college-and-career-fair/
- SRVUSD College Fair - Wed., Oct. 23, 2019, 6:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. @ SRVHS. There will be two presentations at 6:30 to 7:30 regarding topics TBD.
- Portfolio Day, SF 2019 - Typically January @ Ft. Mason in SF http://www.portfolioday.net
- PTSA Parent Ed Presentation-College Admissions Survival for Parents - Jan. 23rd, 7:00 in the SRV Library.
- Best of the West College Fair - Feb. 7, 2019. Out of state colleges who are members of the Pac 12, 6:30-8:30pm in the SRVHS Commons.
- Black College Expo - Oakland - Feb. 9, 2019, 9am - 3pm. See thecollegeexpo.org to sign up and learn more.
- Out of State College Fair and Admissions Event - March 18 @ SRVHS (Commons), 6:30-8:30pm.. Open to MVHS and SRV families.
- Military Fair - April 10, during lunch. All branches and academies invited to participate.
- Job Fair sponsored by the Town of Danville - April 11th during Lunch. List of employers TBA.
- NACAC SF Bay Area College Fair - April 6 @ Santa Clara Convention Center. 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- WACAC College Fair - May 4, 12:15pm-4pm @ St. Mary's College In Moraga.
- National Decision Day - May 1. All 4 year college bound seniors need to make their college attendance decision.
Sophomores/Juniors/Seniors: To view the Parent Ed Presentation "College Applications/Finding Your Fit" presentation given 1/22/18: click here