SRVHS College and Career Center
NEW 2018-19 C&CC Hours (during the school year): See above. Please note that we also participate in staff meetings, college visits and conferences at which time the C&CC may be closed. Students may drop in during breaks, or email to schedule an appointment with either of us.
Weekly WolfPack eBulletin: NEW THIS YEAR, SRVHS PTSA emails a weekly bulletin to parents every Sunday. Please review the C&CC section in the bulletin for weekly updates, due dates, and important information relevant to college and career information. For students, information is posted daily under school loop news and college information/events can be found in Naviance. See the page behind this one to view the current week Wolf Pack Weekly. link below to download the C & CC News page from this week's WolfPack eBulletin.
Student workshops being run through C&CC can be accessed through the student's Naviance account and are also publicized on school loop news as dates approach. Students may schedule individual appointments with us as well by coming in to the C&CC to schedule an appointment and/or they may email us via school loop.
Parent Education Workshops: Throughout the year, Counseling, College and Career provide parent education workshops that coincide with student activities/education taking place during the school day through Counseling or the College and Career Center. See the eBulletin or School Loop for announcements of parent workshops and presentations.
Wolf Tracks...where will our Class of 2018 Seniors be this fall? See the "Wolf Tracks 2018" attachment below for a list of colleges and the number of students who plan to enroll.
Naviance Student (formerly Naviance Family Connection): All students (and parents) have been given a log in to access this valuable college research and planning tool. You will notice that the page formatting has changed a bit, and the "face" of the pages is much more user friendly. Take some time to explore the features and start to build your list of "colleges I am thinking about" and possible careers to explore. It is never too early to start the research process...and the earlier you start, the most prepared you will be for your senior year when you will actually be applying to college, or seeking that training program, or planning a gap year! Your potential is limitless! Enjoy the journey of exploration!
Seniors applying to schools that require letters of recommendation! Your guidance counselors need to write at least one of your requested letters, so have prepared a "senior packet" for you to complete to make that request. Please download the packet pages from your Naviance Student home page (scroll to the bottom to find the link called "Document Resources"). The instructions for completing and submitting the packet are included.
Fall 2018 College Fairs/College Planning Events
- Visual and Performing Arts Fair, SF - September 20, 2018, 7-9 p.m. @ Ruth Asawa SF School of the Arts, 555 Portola Drive, SF, 94131 https://www.nacacfairs.org/attend/pva/san-francisco-performing-and-visual-arts-college-fair/
- Financial Aid Information Night - September 24, 7-8:30 p.m. @ MONTE VISTA HIGH SCHOOL
- STEM College Fair - Oct. 7, 2018 - 1-4 p.m. at the Santa Clara Convention Center https://www.nacacfairs.org/attend/stem-college-and-career-fairs/silicon-valley-stem-college-and-career-fair/
- SRVUSD College Fair - Wed., Oct. 24, 2018, 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. @ Monte Vista High School. There will be two presentations at 7-8p: The Collegiate Athlete or Community College Options. See Flyer for more details.
- Colleges interested in participating should search for the college fair registration link on "Rep Visits". SRVHS is coordinating the RSVP's, but please note that the event will be held at Monte Vista High School in Danville.
- Portfolio Day, SF (January date TBA.) http://www.portfolioday.net
- Black College Expo - Oakland - Feb. 9, 2019, 9am - 3pm. See thecollegeexpo.org to sign up and learn more.
Sophomores/Juniors/Seniors: To view the Parent Ed Presentation "College Applications/Finding Your Fit" presentation given 1/22/18: click here